Pages

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Using the new Groovy-Eclipse V2 plugin

Started using the new Groovy-Eclipse V2 plugin. I'm continuing to fine tune some Groovy training that I've come up with in collaboration with DevJam. So far so good. Seems to work pretty well. I'm not expecting much at the moment, but the alpha seems pretty stable. We need an open source Groovy IDE for the training, and I would love to use Eclipse and this plugin to fulfill that role. I think I still prefer IntelliJ for Groovy stuff (it seems more mature), but it costs some money and most people are using Eclipse these days.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried to contact JetBrains. I bet they would give you free licenses for the training to get other people to use it. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not contacted JetBrains yet. I'd like to see where I can get with Eclipse for the time being. I will bring that up with DevJam to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IntelliJ IDEA 9.x now has a Free community edtion, this has the Groovy plugin.

    http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/nextversion/free_java_ide.html?promo

    ReplyDelete