Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My top 5 favorite Mac OS X apps/tools/utilities

One of my friends is buying his first Mac (a Mac mini) and I told him I would compile a list of tools and utilities that I use on my Mac systems. Here are my top 5 that I absolutely must have:


  • Google Quick Search Box/Quicksilver: I was a big fan of Quicksilver, but it seems to be dead. Sounds like the Quicksilver developer is now working with/for Google on something similar: Google Quick Search Box (QSB). Love QSB and it seems to be in active development too.


  • iTerm: Gotta have a command line. This one does tabbed terminal consoles.


  • TextMate: Great programmer's editor.


  • Versions: A good Subversion client for OS X.


  • Growl: Notification system. Extremely helpful.







No comments:

Post a Comment